Dorothy Gibson v Pride Mobility Products Limited
1257/7/7/16 Registered: 25/5/2016
Application to commence collective proceedings under section 47B of the Competition Act 1998 (the “CPO Application”). The proposed collective proceedings would combine follow-on actions for damages arising from a decision of the Office of Fair Trading of 27 March 2014 (Mobility scooters: CE/9578-12).
A case management conference was held on 15 July 2016 at which the President gave directions for the hearing of the CPO Application.
The deadline for any person with an interest (including any member of the proposed class) to object to the CPO Application or the authorisation of the proposed class representative by writing to the Tribunal stating their reasons for objecting was 4pm on 11 November 2016.
The hearing of the CPO Application took place on 12 to 14 December 2016. Judgment was handed down on 31 March 2017 ( CAT 9).
Diary events for this case:
- There are currently no forthcoming diary events for this case.
- 15 Jul 2016 | 10.30am - Case management conference
- 12 Dec 2016 | 10.30am (time estimate of 2 days; with 1 day in reserve) - CPO Application hearing
- 31 Mar 2017 | 9.45am - Handing down of Judgment (CPO Application)
- Order of the President (Directions following Judgment)
PDF 12/4/2017 55KB
- Judgment (CPO Application)
PDF 31/3/2017 495KBSummary
- Transcript of CPO Application hearing (Day 3)
PDF 14/12/2016 451KB
- Transcript of CPO Application hearing (Day 2)
PDF 13/12/2016 370KB
- Transcript of CPO Application hearing (Day 1)
PDF 12/12/2016 343KB
- Order of the President (Extension of time for reply)
PDF 19/9/2016 64KB
- Transcript (Directions hearing)
PDF 15/7/2016 97KB
- Order of the President (Directions for hearing of CPO Application)
PDF 15/7/2016 77KB
- Summary of collective proceedings claim form
PDF 21/6/2016 108KB