Cityfibre v Office of Communications (BCMR)
1261/3/3/16 Registered: 29/6/2016
Summary of appeal published on 7 July 2016. On 22 July 2016 the President made an order extending the deadline for Ofcom to serve its defence until further order.
Mr Justice Snowden chaired a Case Management Conference (“CMC”) for Cases 1259/3/3/16 (“TalkTalk’s Appeal”), 1260/3/3/16 (“BT’s Appeal”) and 1261/3/3/16 (“CityFibre’s Appeal”) on 29 September 2016. At the CMC Mr Justice Snowden made an Order setting down further directions for the three appeals. Mr Justice Snowden also made two further Orders establishing a confidentiality ring for TalkTalk’s Appeal (the “Case 1259 Confidentiality Ring”) and a separate confidentiality ring for BT and CityFibre’s Appeals (the “Cases 1260-1261 Confidentiality Ring”). At the CMC Mr Justice Snowden also gave a ruling refusing Vtesse Harlow Limited permission to intervene in TalkTalk’s Appeal ( CAT 17) and a further ruling on the terms of the confidentiality rings in all three appeals ( CAT 18).
On 17 November 2016 Mr Justice Snowden made an Order referring grounds 3 and 4(b) of CityFibre’s Appeal as a specified price control matter for determination by the Competition and Markets Authority (“CMA”) on or before 31 March 2017.
A second CMC for BT and CityFibre’s Appeals took place on 23 January 2017 at which the Chairman made an Order setting down further directions to the hearing.
On 10 March 2017 Mr Justice Snowden made an Order extending the deadline for the CMA to determine the specified price control matter by one week (i.e. on or before 7 April 2017).
A pre-trial review will take place on 29 March 2017.
The hearing window for BT and CityFibre’s Appeals is 3 April 2017 until 26 May 2017. The week commencing 3 April 2017 is reserved for pre-reading and there will be an Easter break during the week commencing 17 April 2017.
- 29 Sep 2016 | 10am - Case management conference
- 23 Jan 2017 | 10:30am - Case management conference
- 3 Apr 2017 | 10:30am (time estimate of 8 weeks) - Hearing
- Order of the Chairman (CMA reference deadline extension)
PDF 10/3/2017 35KB
- Transcript of second case management conference
PDF 23/1/2017 257KB
- Order of the Chairman (Further case management directions)
PDF 23/1/2017 84KB
- Order of the Chairman (Reference of specified PCM to CMA)
PDF 17/11/2016 49KB
- Order of the Chairman (Cases 1260-1261 confidentiality ring)
PDF 3/10/2016 114KB
- Transcript of case management conference
PDF 29/9/2016 330KB
- Order of the Chairman (Case management directions)
PDF 29/9/2016 78KB
- Ruling (Confidentiality ring)
PDF 29/9/2016 63KBSummary
- Order of the President (Defence deadline extension)
PDF 22/7/2016 32KB
- Summary of appeal
PDF 7/7/2016 58KB