Talktalk Telecom Group PLC v Office of Communications (BCMR)
1259/3/3/16 Registered: 28/6/2016
Summary of appeal published on 7 July 2016. On 22 July 2016 the President made an Order extending the deadline for Ofcom to serve its defence until further Order.
Mr Justice Snowden chaired a Case Management Conference (“CMC”) for Cases 1259/3/3/16 (“TalkTalk’s Appeal”), 1260/3/3/16 (“BT’s Appeal”) and 1261/3/3/16 (“CityFibre’s Appeal”) on 29 September 2016. At the CMC Mr Justice Snowden made an Order setting down further directions for the three appeals. Mr Justice Snowden also made two further Orders establishing a confidentiality ring for TalkTalk’s Appeal (the “Case 1259 Confidentiality Ring”) and a separate confidentiality ring for BT and CityFibre’s Appeals (the “Cases 1260-1261 Confidentiality Ring”). At the CMC Mr Justice Snowden also gave a ruling refusing Vtesse Harlow Limited permission to intervene in TalkTalk’s Appeal ( CAT 17) and a further ruling on the terms of the confidentiality rings in all three appeals ( CAT 18).
On 16 November 2016 Mr Justice Snowden made an Order extending the deadline for the Respondent to file its Defence by one week.
On 17 November 2016 Mr Justice Snowden made an Order referring TalkTalk’s Appeal as a specified price control matter for determination by the Competition and Markets Authority (“CMA”) on or before 31 March 2017.
On 10 March 2017 Mr Justice Snowden made an Order extending the deadline for the CMA to determine the matter by one week (i.e. on or before 7 April 2017).
Diary events for this case:
- There are currently no forthcoming diary events for this case.
- 29 Sep 2016 | 10am - Case management conference
- Order of the Chairman (CMA reference deadline extension)
PDF 10/3/2017 35KB
- Order of the Chairman (Reference of specified PCM to CMA)
PDF 17/11/2016 64KB
- Order of the Chairman (Defence deadline extension)
PDF 16/11/2016 59KB
- Order of the Chairman (Case 1259 confidentiality ring)
PDF 3/10/2016 108KB
- Transcript of case management conference
PDF 29/9/2016 330KB
- Order of the Chairman (Case management directions)
PDF 29/9/2016 78KB
- Ruling (Confidentiality ring)
PDF 29/9/2016 63KBSummary
- Ruling (Permission to intervene)
PDF 29/9/2016 72KBSummary
- Summary of appeal
PDF 7/7/2016 63KB