New vacancy for an Information and IT Assistant
New vacancy for an Information and IT Assistant at the Competition Appeal Tribunal. Deadline for receipt of all applications is 5.00pm, Wednesday 8th June 2016.
Based in Bloomsbury, central London, the Competition Appeal Tribunal (the Tribunal) is a specialist judicial body with cross-disciplinary expertise in law, economics, business and accountancy whose function is to hear and decide cases involving competition or economic regulatory issues. Further information is available on the Tribunal’s website www.catribunal.org.uk.
As an Information and IT Assistant, you will provide administrative support to the Tribunal Information team, including running and maintenance of the Tribunal’s Library and Audio/Visual (AV) system.
Flexibility is a key requirement for this job. The Tribunal is a small organisation and, as all other members of staff, the job holder will, on occasions, be required to perform tasks not specifically mentioned in their job description or that are normally carried out by other teams or staff within the organisation.
Experience and Skills
The successful candidate would have proven administration skills to the required level, as well as excellent communication skills to deal with our Tribunal Members, staff and external parties. The job holder will be able to work as part of a close knit small team environment.
Principal duties of the post
• Run, maintain and develop an efficient library service to include on-line subscriptions.
• Ensure that all Library journals and manuals are kept up to date.
• IT hardware, services and software procurement.
• Manage CAT Info team’s task list.
• Manage CAT Info mailbox, including enquiries from the Tribunal’s website.
• 1st and 2nd line AV support for two court rooms, apart from those services provided directly by the Tribunal’s AV contractors.
• Assist in providing 1st and 2nd line IT support for Tribunal’s staff and Members as required.
• Assist in managing contracted 2nd and 3rd line IT and AV staff, including call monitoring and monitoring performance under these contracts.
• Provide support for the update of the Tribunal’s website and SharePoint as required.
• Information team database design, development and maintenance.
• Provide project management support for IT and Information related projects.
• Responsible for the physical verification of the Tribunal IT and AV assets.
• General ad-hoc office administration – filing, faxing, photocopying, processing incoming and outgoing mail and reception services on hearing days.
• High level of accuracy and attention to detail
• Excellent communication and organisation skills
• Microsoft Office skills
• Good written English
• The ability to work independently and use initiative
• Strong team player with a high degree of flexibility
• Proactive, cheerful and resilient disposition
• Interest in IT
• Database administration experience
• Knowledge of SharePoint, Electronic Document and Record Management systems (EDRMS) and Content Management systems (CMS)
• Good researching skills
• Previous experience in an administrative role
• Background knowledge of or an interest in law
• Salary: £18,585 per annum
• Working hours: 36 hours per week, Monday to Friday from 9.00am to 5.15pm with an hour’s lunch break every day. From time to time, there may be a need for the post holder to work until later.
How to apply
If you have any queries about this vacancy please contact us by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling Ms Ranbhinder Banwait, HR Manager, on 020 7979 7979, quoting reference IITMAY2016.
Deadline for receipt of all applications is 5.00pm, Wednesday 8th June 2016. Initial telephone interviews may be held between Thursday 16th and Friday 17th June 2016. Face-to-face interviews are expected to begin w/c 20th June 2016.
The Tribunal is committed to appointments being made on merit and according to a policy of equal opportunities. Applications are welcome from all qualified individuals; however applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.